Saturday, February 11, 2012

Do You Really Want to Start a Daycare?



Do you really want to start a daycare business? I started the blog post with this question to inspire you to brainstorm on why you want to start a childcare business?

Is it because you want to work from home? Do you want to be home with your kids? Do you hate your current job?

Whatever your reason(s) may be for starting a daycare business; there are 20 other questions that you must ask your self before starting a daycare business? Before we get to those 20 questions, allow me to share a story with you.

A recent trip to a car lot sparked this blog post. For the last year or so, I had a desire to purchase a BMW SUV. In fact, every time that I would see a BMW SUV, I would literally stare at the car.

 I was so fascinated with the car that I would envision myself driving the car, until the day that I went to test drive a BMW SUV. The car salesman gave me the keys to the BMW SUV and as I sat in the care, I loved how the steering wheel automatically adjusted as I turned the key in the ignition.

However,  I was disappointed at the size of the inside of the car.  Please don't misunderstand me, I think that BMW's are great cars, however, I like cars with plenty of room and I was under the impression that the BMW truck was a lot larger on the inside.

As I write this blog post, I made the decision to buy a larger SUV, however, I would still love to own a BMW SUV, when I do not need as much space on the inside of my car.

I shared  my story with you to say this; Before you decide to open a daycare business, go visit some daycare businesses, get the feel of what it is really like to own a daycare business. In fact, I think you will know right away if owning a daycare is for you or not.

As I stated above, there are 20 questions that you must ask yourself before opening a daycare business and you will find those questions in my ebook, 10 Steps to Starting up a Child Care Business.

Just like you test drive a car...
it is wise to test drive a business,
before you make that start-up decision!


Shiketa Morgan
www.childcarebusinessowner.com
http://www.twitter.com/ccarebusiness

No comments:

Post a Comment